06 September 2012

Los Angeles 18


It was only felt by me I think, I guess, of course, because I was the only one who knew what was happening. But these are the things you asked for on the phone:






                                                                 Favorite Moments:



Shelving in Poetry a month in
I found two books of the same title by T
I quickly walked to the register and put them in the hands of the employee D
He said, where did you find these?
I said Poetry
He said, I want one while not taking his eyes off them
I said ok
I paid for mine on the spot



 
When Marianne Faithful purred at me: “You’re a gooood girl.”

The day a litter of stray kittens spent the day in the store.

Being interviewed by G and old my migraine trigger problem happened right then, incredible, I had an inkling on the bus ride over, this condition: my eye waters heavily and feels like an acid breeze is passing over my face and he looked at me with a quizzical expression and I finally said, “don’t worry you haven’t done this to me. Yet.” He laughed and handed me the name of the private investigator. 




When my instincts told me to talk to a stranger lady that walked in as the first customer of the day and through her, a tourist from Lincoln Nebraska, I found out someone I used to know, and loved, had died. I was able to get in touch with the parents of this person and later heard the story that when S was about to fade away she sat up straight in her hospital bed and looked at them and said, “Don’t speak. Be quiet” and then laid back down and died. Her death made them go deeply towards their religious roots. S was stunning. She had the sleek broad shoulders of a swimmer, a great throaty voice, and giant eyes. People would stop her in airports and public places to get a better look.  Also, she had BALLS.

And:
Peter Falk walking out the front door and stopped to do a Colombo, “Tell me one thing…” He WAS wearing a trench coat and no one was around but it did happen.